Doogue + George is regarded as Melbourne’s premier criminal law firm with respect to Court appeals. As Appeals lawyers, we handle some of the larger appeal cases before the Victorian Court of Appeal, including appeals against murder convictions and appeals against sex trial convictions.
Would you like to seek to appeal a decision by the Court?
Appealing against a sentence or a conviction is a complicated process. Here you will find information that give you a good indication of timelines and a better understanding of the appeals process. It is important that you fully understand how an appeal case works and what you should expect from a solicitor in an appeal case.
Whether you are appealing a conviction or a sentence, the process is complex and involved. Doogue + George are vastly experienced and can assist you in appeals matters as follows:
- Sentence Appeal to County Court from Magistrates Court
- Conviction Appeal to the County Court from the Magistrates Court
- Conviction Appeal from County Court or Supreme Court to the Court of Appeal
- Sentence Appeal from County Court or Supreme Court to the Court of Appeal
- Crown Appeal
- Appeals to the High Court